return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

Boas have no business

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: EvilMorphgod at Sat Dec 26 19:59:02 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by EvilMorphgod ]  

being sold in a Pet Store?

Are you serious?

So, we just continue to isolate the world from these remarkable creatures and what importance does the rain forest have? My first real snake ( beyond garter snakes and such) was a Boa, I love that snakes and it started "it all" for me. That snake never hurt me and I had it since I was twelve... it was AWESOME! You think that they should not be available to other people? You would be doing a serious injustice to snakes as pets by excluding the ownership of this species...

Ah, special permit...how then are people going to learn about keeping such constrictors when they need some special permit first just to own one. WHo would regulate this? Have you ever seen how overwhelmed the local Fish and Game officers are? They spread them so thin that they could not even wrap their brains around who should or should not get the permit. If the snake was set up right.... they don't generally even know one snake species from another!!!!

You want permits, who would be in control of all of this?

Man....Boas? Boas are not DANGEROUS!!!!!!!

Come on now!!!!

If you remove these species from our lives then you just help speed the destruction of our natural resources.... live in a world of make believe, plastic and video games and people don't care about the rain forest, the coral reef, the woooded lot down the street or the field that used to be the hunting ground for a pair of Kestrels!

We need and want people to interact with ANIMALS!!!!! Stop trying to prevent this kind of thing just because you seem to think everything is DANGEROUS!!

Santananatataa

>>Come on, he does have a point. I feel that responsible and properly educated keepers of large constrictors are not the problem, but irresponsible breeders and sales practices are.
>>
>>Large constrictors like retics, burms and even red tails have no business being sold to the general public. No matter what you say, these are dangerous animals that require very specialized experience and lots of resources to keep. I have seen albino burms and common red tails for sale in Petco. That is downright ridiculous.
-----
"Satan™" is a registered trademark of NERD, Inc. Any copyright infringement is punishable by ETERNAL DAMNATION and some other terrible stuff.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Boas have no business - jinx666999, Sun Dec 27 00:49:46 2009

<< Previous Message:  RE: What crawled up your butt and died? - Avalanche, Wed Dec 23 15:13:07 2009