return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Water Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - May 25, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Help! I think my leo is dying!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Leopard Geckos ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: twillis10 at Mon Dec 28 01:01:46 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by twillis10 ]  

When you say you raised the temps to 80 is that the basking spot? The hot spot in the cage should be closer to 90F and 75 to 80 for the ambient temp. Also the bathing isnt really necessary I dont think. They are from a dry place, If you feel like its helping for now thats fine but I wouldnt continue it. If you get the heat up though that should increase his metabolism help him eat again. And Instead of using a calcium dish I would just dust the crickets 2times a week. This way you can make sure he gets the it, and also if they were to eat to much thats not good either. Also keep in mind with the eating thing that it isnt very uncommon for leos to go off feed for a few weeks. espescially in the winter. I have a few every winter that will only eat 3 or 4 crickets for a few weeks and never have a problem. anyways I am no expert but I have been keeping leos for quite a few years so I figured I would try and help. good luck!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Help! I think my leo is dying! - honeycomb9000, Sun Dec 27 20:51:03 2009