return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: I guess you haven't noticed.............

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: volleyballjoe at Fri Jan 8 08:14:29 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by volleyballjoe ]  

Wow, yet again you prove my point. You were driven out of the hobby? By who? Herpers, the government, yourself? If it was the government, you must not have truely loved the hobby or you would be fighting any law that restricts ownership. This legistlation is not about controlling captive breeding its about eliminating it. The big breeders would probably support regulations on breeding,(license) it would only make the snakes thay sell more valuble when the average person quit doing it. Less snakes on the market equals more money. This legislation is to eliminate private ownership. YOU don't want anyone breeding or owning these snakes from what I can tell, so thats why I say you support it. The problem is, when the government gets involved they only want to be involved more. The breeders that you are bashing, you know nothing about. Look at the availability of these animals from the big breeders(which there aren't many of anymore), they do "self police". They are working on cutting edge morphs. That means less breeding stock, so less animals. I don't see anyone pumping out normal Retics or Burms. How many private breeders do think are working with retics and burms on a large scale? It's not a lot. It may seem like it to someone who is not in the hobby anymore, but go find out. Most normal burms and retics are imports. There are plenty of them that have prices for twenty different morphs on their website, but a lot of times there out of the animals or it's a very limited number. These guys also export there animals to other countries, so not all the animals they breed even get sold here. You don't know what your talking about because you generalize everything, and your out of touch with the hobby. I'm not mad at you, I feel sorry for you, that's why I respond to you. People attack you because you are attacking them. I have read your post, from the first one I read, you came on this forum , with anger resentment and malice. If you cared about the "whole hobby" you would fight for it. You don't care because your not in it. I don't understand you, again, you say you were driven out. I for one will never be driven out, not by others in the hobby or the government. They make take away my freedoms, and rights , but I'll always have a love and passion for these animals, that you don't understand. I'll always be in the hobby. I can't imagine you feel that way about anything. Just because your afraid to fight for what you beleive, doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Oh, and getting on a forum and anonymously posting a bunch of hate and contempt for a group that you can't stand is not fighting for anything. You are only proving my point with every word you type.

I really hope that somewhere down the line you realize the mistakes your making, before its to late. If you sit back and let them take away one part of this hobby, you are soarly mistaken if you think that they aren't going to go after more. Just look at our government, everyday they propose new laws to do just that.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: I guess you haven't noticed............. - vichris, Fri Jan 8 00:30:35 2010