return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

Jordon,

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: EvilMorphgod at Sat Jan 16 13:13:38 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by EvilMorphgod ]  

>>Hey Kevin,
>>
>>Other than the fact that you had obtained F1 Ivories in your original deal that is what I was saying.
>>
>>My hypothesis is that the founding male of your stock is of the same genetic material as the Indonesian bloodline(i.e. the bloodline Kam produced his Leucies from). Where as your matriarch is likely het for the ultra line. Time will tell, but currently it is the only theory out there which holds any water.
>>
>>This is similar to: Mojave and Lesser. Mojave X Mojave = a white snake with a lot of blurred color and pattern. Lesser X Lesser = a white snake. Lesser X Mojave = an inbetween version. Although the phenotype of any of the BEL complex animals may very, they are all located on the same gene locus.
>>
>>I believe we will find the confusion in all of this is simply due to two seperate white snake making mutations being combined in the founding stock, madness ensues and here we are today... confused and figuring it out.
>>
>>I also believe that the mitotic transfer done when the ivory was bred to the albino tiger substantiates my theory. If the ivory in fact is an animal with one affect "ultra" chromosome and one affect "abu" chromosome, and the offspring leucistic from that breeding is a leucistic via mitotic transfer (the only mode of gene transmission which explains this phenomonen) then the animal is in fact genotypically heterozygous while being phenotypically homozygous. Since the animal is only a het genetically, but is expressing the mutation it is het for in its homozygous form- then that animal is simply het for the abu ivory. In turn that shows that you have two seperate forms of platinum at play.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Jordan
-----
"Satan™" is a registered trademark of NERD, Inc. Any copyright infringement is punishable by ETERNAL DAMNATION and some other terrible stuff.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Jordon, - EvilMorphgod, Sat Jan 16 13:18:33 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Set the record straight.. - Jordan_Russell, Fri Jan 15 18:11:40 2010