return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

SICK SAL?!?!?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Salamanders & Newts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: annaisagecko at Mon Jan 11 09:56:24 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by annaisagecko ]  

Hello to all, I have a Marbled Salamander I've had her for about a year now and shes always been very healthy and active and chubby.

She usually is out and about at night and in the day time hides away in her borrow under the split log, she makes it very known when shes hungry stalking me from her cage haha, and if she doesn't make an appearance by feeding time i go looking for her which i have to do more in the winter, i feed her crickets and meal worms (mostly meal worms) and earth worms when i have the time to dig them up but since I've moved i haven't found any i think its because all the sand in the soil.

I usually feed her once or twice a week, but sometimes she misses a feeding like she did this week because I was out of worms and my family was sick and short on money so we didn't go out to buy any mealies.

So last night when I got home with the worms and fed everyone she was in a spot she never borrows in and her skin was all rubbery and dry looking, and she wouldn't eat the meal worm (which is VERY unlike her LOL) so i took her and put her and i critter keeper to humid soak her in warm water and cleaned her cage, I've been misting her like crazy and this morning she looks better but not her usual.

I have some Repta-Aid from when i had a leopard gecko that was sick two years ago, and it says it can be given to Amphibians, i was wondering if y'all would suggest trying that (and if so how do i go about getting the stuff in her?) or if anyone knows whats going on or anything else i could be doing.

Any help would be very greatly appreciated, Thank you.

-----
1. Leopard Gecko: Cort.
1. Crested Gecko: Fender.
1. Marbled Salamander: Ibanez.
3. Cats: Midnight, Tiger & Fluffy.
rip. Leo: Larry, Crestie: Tuki.

I'd Rather Be Hated For Who I Am, Then Loved For Who I'm Not - Kurt Cobain.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: SICK SAL?!?!? - wolfpackh, Wed Jan 13 08:17:22 2010