return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Blackhead pics

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Python Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Snakesunlimited1 at Sat Feb 6 16:01:49 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Snakesunlimited1 ]  

Here are some quick pics I took more to document the animals than for getting a good picture. Some have the heads out of focus but the body in focus or vice versa because i was trying for different things. Colors are pretty close but I had a UV bulb on one side and an incadesant on the other. Anyway, enough excuses and appologies for crappy pics...

Female 1- This is the first one to start eating out of the clutch, she is getting real close to 3 feet already and looking pretty good.

Female 2- This girl started eating a bit later than the previous girl but now that she is she is catching up fast to the big girl.

Female 3- This is one that is bouncing between being a hold back and being up for sale. She is getting nice size but is a little smaller than the 2 i have as holdbacks but there is something about her I keep looking at.

Male 1- This guy was the biggest pain in the ass to get feeding but now that he decided to eat he has gone on a run of eating everything I offer. He went through 2 sheds in the time the rest went through one. All the others had just finished shedding in the day or two before these pics and he was halfway through his cycle. He was doing a bit a hissing at me for pulling him out just for pics but he still took a rat pink when I put him back hahaha good boy, FINALLY a blackhead like appetite!!!

Holdback Female 1- Around this time I figured out if I dumped them down upside down they would slowly right themselves and THEN take off... These were such a pain to shoot. This girl was a favorite from day one and the second cleanest behind the male holdback. She started eating the same week as the other holdback female and they are going neck and neck for growth. She is really calm and sweet only the first female pictured is more calm.

Holdback Female 2- This girl is sweet looking but bad tempered big time. She hisses all the time and strikes at me with some bad intent. I am hoping she calms down because like her aunt she is beautiful and I don't want to live with a towel over her cage too. She is eating great and I love the wide spacing between her barring on the sides with the slight stripe down her back

Baby pic, all hissy She bit me on the noise during this

Holdback male 1- Finally the star of the clutch. This guy was going to be a holdback before he ever got out of the egg. He was the first one out, he is the cleanest patterned and he was the first baby I ever held that I hatched. He is also the only one to start and stop feeding. He is feeding again now but he is a little behind the two girls I am holding back because he refused 2 meals in a row 2 different times which is just weird for these guys. On the bright side they put all their food into growth so he can catch up soon.

Hopefully this year this little girl will give me some more babies to play with...

Jason

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Blackhead pics - Rich Crowley, Sat Feb 6 22:31:16 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Blackhead pics - ChrisErica, Sun Feb 7 05:49:22 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Blackhead pics - Tom Keogan, Mon Feb 8 20:16:04 2010