return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Mike, thank you

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Jonathan_Brady at Sat Feb 13 14:05:59 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jonathan_Brady ]  

I want to say thank you for coming on this forum. I would assume it is a bit like a gazelle trotting into the lion's den. I also assume that you knew that your comments here would be viewed with great scrutiny and that your motives, intelligence, and ethics would be questioned, yet you showed up anyway. So again, thank you.

I think despite the tongue lashing you have received, all of us acknowledge that it's not the easiest thing in the world to do to walk into a situation, SOLO I might add, and try to share information that is unpopular, and/or take part in a discussion when you have a tie to an unpopular organization. I honestly appreciate your courage and confidence and my level of respect for you has grown immensely.

We can only hope that others within the organizations falling under the Dept of the Interior will be as receptive to the criticisms of those organizations as you have been.

The biggest thing I've taken away from your contributions to this thread is that you are not in favor of the proposed legislation. This gives me hope that not every person working within the DOI isn't on board with the agenda of Senator Nelson and Secretary Salazar. My question though is this, why aren't you in favor of it? Is it because you do not believe measures to restrict interstate transport will have any effect on wild populations, or because you don't want the lawmakers overstepping their bounds? I suppose another way to ask this is, would you be supportive of the USFWS listing these animals as injurious (same effect, different means)?

Thanks again for coming here. Even if the forum users here won't admit it (although I'm sure they would), they do appreciate having a representative of the organizations we're pretty pissed off at here as a sounding board, and available to answer questions when you're permitted.

jb
-----
What's written above is purely my opinion. In fact, MOST of what you read on the internet is someone's opinion. Don't take it too seriously

Jonathan Brady
DeviantConstrictors.com
Deviant Constrictors picturetrail

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Mike, thank you - TOM_CRUTCHFIELD, Sat Feb 13 14:21:26 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Mike, thank you - Mike_Rochford, Sat Feb 13 15:52:14 2010
>> Next Message:  Hypotheticals - RandyRemington, Sat Feb 13 17:08:32 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Mike, thank you - antelope, Sat Feb 13 20:52:38 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Mike, thank you - Mike_Rochford, Sat Feb 13 23:08:21 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: "Python Wars" - Mike_Rochford, Wed Feb 10 16:16:55 2010