return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Looming question regarding publication

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Jonathan_Brady at Tue Feb 16 06:43:33 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Jonathan_Brady ]  

Thank you for making that clear Mike. Citing the source was invaluable!

Will this be available prior to the close of the 60 day comment period for the USFWS?

I honestly feel like legislation is the least of our worries right now but the USFWS proposed rule change is an IMMENSE threat. I feel like they're going to consider the science of their brothers over at USGS prior to anything else published (ie, Pyron, Barker, etc..) and consider it factual due to the nepotistic relationship under the Dept of the Interior parent organization. If my fears are correct, we will see all 9 species listed as injurious, regardless of what the rest of the non-government based scientific community knows to be true.

So, will this be available within 60 days? Or if not, will the findings be allowed to be submitted to the USFWS privately for consideration?

Another possibility is that the USFWS push off the comment period until a time that these results can be published AND the results from SREL are published. Is that feasible?

jb
-----
What's written above is purely my opinion. In fact, MOST of what you read on the internet is someone's opinion. Don't take it too seriously

Jonathan Brady
DeviantConstrictors.com
Deviant Constrictors picturetrail

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Question for Mike Rochford, - Mike_Rochford, Mon Feb 15 22:30:04 2010