return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: JUST VENTING MY FRUSTRATION W/S373

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TOM_CRUTCHFIELD at Wed Feb 17 22:20:52 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TOM_CRUTCHFIELD ]  

If any of you out there don't want to play the game with the Amazon Doc just search on line with these words ocean reef club wild feral cats. There are several papers I read that specifically stated the decline of the rat is due almost soley to the feral cats at the Ocean Reef Club. This resort is about 10 miles from my farm and I've been around it many times and have perused on line many newspaper articles, scientific papers, etc about this subject. Amazon Doc says he just heard about it and I suppose carefully picked the publications he quoted from. There is a FUND SET UP TO THE TUNE OF $100,000 ANNUALLY TO FEED AND PROVIDE VET. CARE FOR THE FERAL CATS. I believe the Veterinary Hospital is located in Brevard County. The amount of research done on this feral cat population is amazing. Several papers published by the Univ. of Florida call for an eradication program as there is a type of mouse and perhaps another rare critter or two they are exterminating as well. One paper states that BECAUSE THEIR CATS is likely the reason NO action has been taken. Another reason sited I believe in only 2 of the papers says that the occupants of the resort are very wealthy and well connected in the political arena. I have talked a few times to some of the maintenance folks when they were out front and have been told that even past Presidents of the United States have been in occupance on occasion. The ONLY reason I used the cat's there as a comparison is because one rat was found in the belly of a Python and a HUGE deal was made of it. In fact EVERY FILM OR NEWSPAPER STORY IS LIKELY TO QUOTE THE RAT AND PYTHON STORY BUT NOTHING IS EVER MENTIONED ABOUT THE CATS. Mr Amazon Doc, are you really a doc? If so are you an animal or human doc? You don't happen to be the vet in Brevard Couny that gets all the cat $$$ are you? Don't listen to the Amazon Doc who only learned about the cats tonight or me either for that matter. Do a search and make your own decisions and really see who is made out of straw with the "straw man" sillyness. Besides the Lion wanted courage, tin man wanted a heart, and what did the straw man want?...It's not dangerous as there's NO lions and tigers and bears only scared mice, hungry cats, and American Crocodiles...LOL
-----
Tom Crutchfield
www.tomcrutchfield.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: JUST VENTING MY FRUSTRATION W/S373 - amazondoc, Wed Feb 17 22:59:14 2010
>> Next Message:  P.S. -- - amazondoc, Wed Feb 17 23:55:52 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: JUST VENTING MY FRUSTRATION W/S373 - amazondoc, Wed Feb 17 21:10:44 2010