return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fox Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

AmazonDoc...........................

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Tom Burke at Fri Feb 19 19:13:28 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Tom Burke ]  

The splitting of hairs and playing with semantics might indicate you have too much free time or that you enjoy the superior feeling you get by tutoring what you obviously consider less intelligent people. Either way I'll repeat what I've said in a different way as I've been accused of being a poor communicator by more than one person..............Even though mankind has been meddling in the Everglades for far too long, regulating the water levels in Lake Okochobee, dissecting the Everglades with irrigation canals and meddling with Mother Nature as often as they can........If we would like to have the Everglades (and the Keys) as pristine as is possible today......I am afraid banning Pythons and Boas will have little affect towards that goal. If the goal is truly to clean up the Everglades, it has to be looked at as an ecosystem and at the very least, ALL the invasive species be it mammal(including man), bird, fish, reptile or plant need to be addressed. I think putting a price tag (bounty) on ALL the invasive species in the Everglades is a great idea for the Everglades and for our economy!! It is only my opinion but I do think I could make much more money (bounty) from dogs, cats and feral pigs in the Everglades even if the numbers of Burmese Pythons were similar (although they are not). I also have to apologize that since the talk in the Senate of the Python Ban has crippled my business, (I strictly breed Boa Constrictors) I have to work twice as hard (more time) and can't follow the mindnumbing, non-productive nit picking I've seen going on here. Or maybe I'm just jealous that you seem to have so much free time!
Burke Reptiles

-----
Tom Burke
www.BurkeReptiles.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: AmazonDoc........................... - amazondoc, Fri Feb 19 20:26:15 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: AmazonDoc........................... - thecrocpot, Sat Feb 20 08:13:48 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: AmazonDoc........................... - Upscale, Sat Feb 20 11:52:39 2010
>> Next Message:  Let me try again - thecrocpot, Sat Feb 20 23:01:52 2010