return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: What do you think of DNA ...........

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: TOM_CRUTCHFIELD at Mon Feb 22 06:03:49 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by TOM_CRUTCHFIELD ]  

On a serious marketing standpoint by the year 1990 albino Burms were already then only a few hundred dollars each I believe primarily because of Bob Clark and Mark Bell.Hets were the cheap rage in Herpetoculture then. I didn't have time to try to produce big numbers and I knew the price would drop rapidly. Even by the time of 1988 I believe I was only selling them then for about $1,000 ea. That's about the point I lost interest because breeding for me was a sideline and not important in my business plan. I always strived to get the newest best herps for potential breeders. I alwas bred stuff but things I really liked and not just for money. My real passion then and today are West Indian Herps. I first bred Rhino Iguanas in the late 70's . Cyclura and West Indian Boas were my real love. You have to remember EVERYONE was buying het albino's and any other het Burmese morph they could find. For a short few years the import of wild normal Burmese were almost if not completely stopped because Thailand shut down exports of living snakes and allowed only skins to be exported. Amazon Doc, if you're really interested and not just getting your jollies from trying to ridicule people you don't even know why don't you check the records of TRAFFIC. I have before for a program I developed. It means TRADE RECORD ANALYSIS OF FAUNA AND FLORA IN COMMERCE and is the arm of the world wildlife fund that monitors who's doing what and where worldwide. Give us the numbers and origin of all Burmese exported say from 1985 through 1995. I'm really interested in the year of Hurricane Andrew . This would be important in trying to track the origin of the feral snakes. I just don't have time and have mentioned it to several other folks but to the best of my knowledge it hasn't been done. Make sure to NOT confuse the records for skins with the living snakes. I can't put my finger on it but there is something about the feral populaion that doesn't make sense and doesn't add up. The fact that NO morphs show up is only one factor and locations of the snakes is another. The TRAFFIC info would be welcomed by me and others and if you do I promise to put my bug spray up and buy you a tiny Malaysian Chicken like Patty has. Really good ones are much smaller than Banty Chickens even. I'm not sure what they are but look like tiny Jungle Fowl ....

-----
Tom Crutchfield
www.tomcrutchfield.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: What do you think of DNA ........... - amazondoc, Mon Feb 22 12:48:05 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: What do you think of DNA ........... - amazondoc, Mon Feb 22 22:29:41 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: What do you think of DNA ........... - amazondoc, Mon Feb 22 01:52:03 2010