return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

python vs dog related deaths in fl.

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Calparsoni at Mon Feb 22 00:38:35 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Calparsoni ]  

Here is a link to the article.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-boy-mauled-by-dog-in-ocala-20100220,0,6440922.story

This is the THIRD dog related death that I am aware of that has happened here in Fl since Christmas. The first death involved a rotweiler in the New Port Richey area and the second death involved a weimereiner (how ever you spell it.) in the west Palm area. this latest one occurred in Ocala and involved 4 pit bulls. The first and third attack involved toddlers and the weimereiner attack involved a child around 8 to 10 years old if I remember correctly. These are only the deaths in Fl. since christmas that I am aware of, there may have been more. I am also aware of two serious dog mauling cases that have occurred in the Orlando area within the same time frame and there are most definitely more of those that I am not aware of. These figures only involve Fl. in the last 2 months and do not include figures for the rest of the year or for the other 49 states.
All of this vs. ONE python related death here in Fl. I have lived in Fl. for almost 15yrs. and I am not aware of any other related deaths that have occurred here in Fl. within that timeframe. Does anyone even know if any other python related deaths have EVER occurred here in Fl.? I am aware that other deaths have occurred in other states that have been attributed to pythons, my post is in reference to fl. only.
I am not anti dog by any stretch of the imagination. My point however is that as much as politicians scream about large snakes dogs are way more dangerous.
I personally do not think politicians should do anything about either dogs or large snakes. I think politicians should abide by the oath the took when they were sworn into office and uphold our constitutional rights and leave me alone to live my life as I see fit in a manner the does not violate anyone else's right to their life liberty or property. I think it's time to water the tree of liberty.
Anyway I figured the info should be of interest to most people on here as well as a few good points to add to any letters or e-mails to our elected idiots.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  Alegator? - RandyRemington, Mon Feb 22 01:36:05 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: python vs dog related deaths in fl. - amazondoc, Mon Feb 22 02:30:45 2010