return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I really don't know if dertermining...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DanielsDen at Fri Feb 26 11:59:56 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DanielsDen ]  

Well...after spending 33 years in that ara collecting/observing...don't know how "lucky" I was...but had some good success. There have been several other people in that area who have caught burmese pythons as well. I was on the call out list for animals for both the Tampa Police department and the Hillsborough County Sheriffs for many years. That is how I got the 13' python, recieved a call at 2:00AM to go pick up a snake. That snake ended up with Tom Crutchfield. The two boas were found "road cruising", one in Nine Eagles, which is Pinellis County and one in Durant Florida, Hillsborough County. The anaconda was found under a bridge on SR 580 going north out of Tampa. That used to be known back then as the "road to no where"...now they call it New Tampa. The Liasis, again was a phone call from a friend I worked with who had a snake in his garage. He had 10 acres out in the country, near Valrico, and the snake was coiled on his tool board in his garage. So, the only one that I really discoverd while actually walking in the woods was the small burm about 6 feet that I found in Lithia Pinecrest. It was strange , because you kind of train you eyes to see local stuff and then when something like that appears you almost over look it. I would not have seen that snake had it not flicked out its tongue, but, yet after that, it stood out like a sore thumb. Just wondering though...how did you determine that the box turtle came from Kentucky?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I really don't know if dertermining... - brd, Fri Feb 26 12:19:14 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: I really don't know if dertermining... - brd, Fri Feb 26 11:08:04 2010