return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I really don't know if dertermining...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: brd at Fri Feb 26 12:19:14 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by brd ]  

When I was a kid I had a small collection of box turtles, all Florida Box Turtles, and I even had four or five Gopher Tortoises (don't tell anyone). So at the time I had some knowledge of different box turtle species. I had a friend that even had the species I found in his collection. I don't know for sure if it was a Kentucky native, could of been Tennesee, but it was somewhere up around that whole area. I have been out of torts for so long I don't remember the species or the locality. But it was not a Florida native.

I just remembered in 1991 or 1992 I caught a grey Cockatiel, I was on my lunch break and I was sitting by the loading docks with some coworkers. This bird lands down on the ground and just starts pecking at the asphault. I walked down the steps and bent down, stuck my finger out, and he climbed right on. He was clearly an escaped pet. I gave it to a coworker who took it home and made a pet out of it.

Now if you find a Sinaloan Milk Snake in the Pinellas Park area arond 102 Ave. and 66th St. I want it back (LOL). I had an escapey around 1991 or 1992, he could still be alive, but I doubt it. He was only a couple of months old when he got loose. His cage was close to the back door, and someone left the back door open that night so I am sure he got out, we never found him.

As of right now I have a Central American Boa and a Ball Python loose in the house (at least I hope they are in the house). What are you gonna do?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  learn to secure your animals better - Calparsoni, Fri Feb 26 13:44:23 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: I really don't know if dertermining... - DanielsDen, Fri Feb 26 11:59:56 2010