return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I think he got off easy

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Calparsoni at Wed Mar 3 21:20:05 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Calparsoni ]  

I completely agree that what the guy did was wrong. I personally think he should sit in jail for a bit to think about what an idiot he is and he should have to pay some sort of fine. But as far as taking his permits and confiscating his private property?????? HE!! NO !!!!!! Think about this for a minute(and ignore his stupid stunt for a minute as well.) think about the reptiles you own which are YOUR personal property. That you bought legally with money that YOU earned that you have kept responsibly. Now imagine that the govt, the only entoty legally empowered to use deadly force to accomplish it's goals decides YOU must pay THEM a hundred dollars a year to be able to keep YOUR personal private property. Not only that but you also have to give up your fourth amendment right to unreasonable search and seizure and allow the state to come into YOUR private residence so they can make sure like your cages are up to their standard. All because a bunch of snakes got loose in the everglades from some wholesaler because they didn't do a good job of policing them in the first place when they knew there were problems on that end of things.
Don't get me wrong like I said this guy should be punished....the more I think about it he should be horse whipped and put in stocks for a week with a big sign telling everyone what an idiot he is. But to take away his personal property????over "wildlife violations" what is that exactly? Did you know that if you pick up a starfish of a beach here in Fl. and you don't have a fishing license the fwc will fine you $93? Does that count? (article in Fl. Today about that during the cold spell. fyi) Did you know that if you help a gopher tortoise across the road and fwc catches you they can give you a ticket? Does that count? I once heard Kevin Enge mention at a talk for the CFHS that technically it is a crime to rerelease a brown anole after you pick it up because it is non-native wildlife and releasing it is a crime. Would they give you a ticket for it? probably not but who knows? would that count towards this?
When you think about it it's no surprise the estimate a 90% non-compliance rate with their roc rules (fwc's figure not mine.).
Private property is one of the cornerstones of a free society. Go ahead cheer on that he got busted for what he did he should have got more punishment for it. Heck if you meet him on the street beat the crack out him if you want, but don't hope for the gov. to take his private property away. It's sick and it's un-american.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I think he got off easy - natsamjosh, Thu Mar 4 07:05:47 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: I think he got off easy - jscrick, Thu Mar 4 20:32:19 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: I think he got off easy - natsamjosh, Wed Mar 3 20:03:38 2010