return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Released or Escaped?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cychluraguy at Wed Mar 10 20:50:43 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cychluraguy ]  

One problem with compairing a dog to a reptile as far as price goes is that a dog worth $1000 as a puppy is worth half that much the next day (sure there are a few exceptions of maby a show dog or a special breed or some rare liniage but I am talking about pure bred pet dogs) and even less as it grows up. If you get it fixed it worth $35 (thats what they sell for at the animal shelter) and if it bites or was beaten it is worth nothing. A $1000 snake even if it bites or barly eats or has a burn scar is still worth quite a bit.
As far as the comment somewhere above about all the rare morph reptiles offered to a zoo I think that is completely irrelevent to the topic of duping or rescues because many people who have a "rare" reptile they are thinking of getting ride of might offer it to a zoo believing that a zoo will want a "rare" reptile for display and will take good care of it and they can go see it if they want and tell there friends they donated there "rare" reptile to the zoo. I am sure most of the reps offered were sold when the zoo turned them down.
Of course reptile dumping has occured from time to time and some reptiles were let go on porpose to try to establish them but I don't think either are rampent as most of the media would like the public to believe.
I also have a question for everyone. how many people do you know who have intentialy produced normal berms in the last 10 years.
Rob

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Released or Escaped? - SgtStinky, Wed Mar 10 19:11:40 2010