return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hungry Man

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crocodilians ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lep1pic1 at Sat Mar 13 20:19:02 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lep1pic1 ]  

Matt why is it that some crocs like your caimen will live very happt with a turtle.My caimens had a turtle pet as well that would even get in there and get his share of the food.Now it started out as about 10 hatchlings with the female when she was young then one night she ate all of them about a year later but one.I left that one in there and it stayed there until I added the male .The female acted sad so I put it back the male never touched it ever.They all lived happy until I sold the group.I think the crocs as well as turtles can be friends.This is not new at all and many zoos have done the same thing.The largest american croc shares his pond with a turtle as well and has for many years and they fight over food the turtle never giveing ground they arwe friends.Some of the real croc people might to chime in on this one It has always fascinated me.
-----
Archie Bottoms

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Hungry Man - wlcmmtt, Wed Mar 17 22:36:59 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Hungry Man - Matt-D, Fri Mar 12 18:54:36 2010