return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: a post from the adoptions section of

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: amazondoc at Thu Mar 18 16:43:44 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by amazondoc ]  

Oh, I'm not particularly making a judgment one way or another in this case. They are placing the burms themselves, in which cases I don't get nearly as "het up" about excuses as when people dump the animal into rescue. What really frosts me is when people use these excuses and can't even be bothered to take responsibility for placing the animals in new homes. I kinda think it's dumb to get animals like burms without considering how much room they'll take up as adults, but as long as the owners make sure they stay out of rescue I'm not gonna obsess about it.

As for pits, right now I've got two pit mixes myself. One is the pup I mentioned recently, that I found on the road. The other is an adult mix I found on the side of a state highway. Both are great dogs, of course.

>>>>In the case of the Craigslist burms I mentioned, the ad says they're moving into a new house and there isn't room for the snakes' tank in the new place....
>>>>-----
>>
>>Quite honestly this is something that very well could be valid. I recently had a russian tortoise in perfect condition surrendered because the person was moving. She was moving into a much smaller home and her huge cage would not fit. She was losing her house and renting something that was 500 sq feet. The rubbermaid pond set up (sans water) she had for her russian will not fit in my home, let alone hers.
>>
>>In this economy MANY people are in fact loosing homes and downsizing. I have three members of my family that have either been foreclosed on or sold before they lost the house. I am getting far more understanding on the moving deal.
>>
>>And in the dog world I deal with something again far more disposable than you and even harder to move with. I deal with pit bulls. I understand the moving issue.,
>>-----
>>Cindy Steinle
>>PHFaust
>>Visit kingsnake on Facebook!
>> Follow Kingsnake on Twitter!
-----
----

0.1 Peruvian rainbow boa (Amaru)
2.0 Brazilian rainbow boas (Arco, Olho)
0.3 Honduran milksnakes (Chicchan, Chanir, Hari)
1.0 Thayeri kingsnake (Coatl)
2.7 corns (Cetto, Tolosa, Uce, TBA)
1,000,000.1,000,000 other critters

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: a post from the adoptions section of - PHFaust, Thu Mar 18 15:39:28 2010