return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: General Questions!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jack at Fri Mar 19 19:50:41 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jack ]  

I use building blocks and they work well. It’s easy to change the size of the pen. Mine seems to get bigger each year. Mine has gotten so big it’s hard to find my turtles unless they are walking around looking for worms, which they do a lot. I “seed” the pen with several hundred worms each year. I think its good to make the turtles work a little to get there food. The worms I use are not the typical garden worms that dig their way under ground. The worms I get stay on top and eat the leaf litter, which the turtles can find, buy moving the leaves around. My eastern box turtles favorite food is wild mushrooms. The ones they like best have a white or brown or pink or red on top with a pure white underside with gills. They also love to eat cantaloupe the rind and all. once or twice a year i will cook up a Vegetable omelet. I put a litte bit of anything i can find that i think the turtles will like. I also take a hammer and grind up the egg shells and put that into the omlet too. My turtles seem to love it.

-----
Jack

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: General Questions! - boxienuts, Fri Mar 19 22:57:36 2010

<< Previous Message:  General Questions! - dannygirl8, Fri Mar 19 12:35:15 2010