return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Not all Bad

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Danny Conner at Sat Mar 20 00:05:57 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Danny Conner ]  

I mentioned before I was a bartender for several years. I was also a paramedic in a jail for 3 years. And I worked at zoos and reptile parks for 8 years. I think I can safely say I've seen the ugliness of humanity. But they're not all bad.
I travel around the country doing educational reptile shows.
I meet a lot of people. ME to CA. FL to MT. I have even done shows in Canada.
A lot of people want to talk about their pets and a lot of people
have given me their pets. Some they have outgrown, some have outgrown them.
I'm not a rescue. But I do feel an obligation to the animals that have given me so much pleasure the last 45 years.
Some years ago a fair in Rocksprings Wy an older woman came up to me and asked if I would take her snakes. They were her husbands and he had been dead for 3 years and she did'nt like the snakes. She had a local kid feeding and cleaning for her.
I took the snakes. 2.2 adult Balls, and 2.2 adult Columbians.
She said they were all around 15 years old.
In CO few years ago a guy maybe 30 years old brought me his female Columbian. He had her 14 years. Now he was married his wife was expecting and she did'nt like the snake. He traveled for his job and he did'nt want to depend on his wife to care for the snake.
Another year in CO an albino corn and another female Columbian.
Both 12 years old. The kids had been to college for 3 years and the snakes were with the parents. They took good care of the snakes but did'nt want them.
All 3 of these families continued to take good care of the snakes.
So many times when someone finally gives up an animal the care and husbandry has been suffering for a while.
In my mind the first time you start to wonder, do I still want this animal?
That's when you need to find it a new home.
Anyway a lot of people out there do the right thing. D.C.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Not all Bad - SgtStinky, Sat Mar 20 21:28:08 2010