return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Well what to do

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: lep1pic1 at Tue Mar 23 17:50:34 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by lep1pic1 ]  

I remember when they were catching a few Texas puma to introduce to the everglades as geneticly the closest related species.The florda is now the texorda puma.It is no longer pure.Texas puma are a small breed around 100 pounds.I saw a dakota puma that was 265 pounds and it is a different animal,tho it looks the same.The fact that every place I collected snakes when I was a kid is now a houseing district and those genes are long gone bothers me.Change is at hand.The planet earth is a changing biome and will continue to do so.I know where there populations of non native animals that I will never tell the location of.People make to much out of this.Florida is a tropical sub tropical habitat that is changing from man more than any animal could ever do.We have wild snow monkeys in texas,the valley is full of parrots that migrated north after large forest fires in mexico.These are tourist attractions now exploited by man.There is no effort to distroy these animals.At one time there was a group that decided to rid us of the monkeys but they are now a state treasure illegal to harm.We have black buck, auadad fallow deer and many other hoofed stock wild in the state emus and pheasant as well.All are now animals of the state.The list of animals that spread out is amazeing all from man.Every city in texas now has a population of mediterainian geckos .The fact is the world changes and if an animal is doing well we should consider it as a viable population to be exploited for good.The burm is an example of a success story by darwin evolution.Norman stated that what the majority want is to develop the glades.How much true natural habitat is left in florida is there a place that has no introduced species.Norman was raised in florida,Tom calls it his home state .I would be willing to bet that it is not the same place that it was even 20 years ago.The pbs special Tom helped on about burms had the real answer.The burms are good for tourisum .I rambled a bit but I think this is what is called a slide of hand.Look over here while I work on my true agenda over there.For some reason the herp hobby is being attacked on all fronts and as well from behind.With all the hubub I can not help but think that we are not the true agenda just part of a master plan to control us and our lives.I may be wrong but we will see in a couple of more years when keeping a snake of any kind is a felony .This is truly scarieng me as I am sure that this is a diversion tactic .
-----
Archie Bottoms

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Well what to do - brd, Tue Mar 23 18:07:33 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Well what to do - Calparsoni, Tue Mar 23 15:54:14 2010