return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

strictly my opinion...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jscrick at Mon Mar 22 08:54:45 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jscrick ]  

This is strictly my opinion, and it has been for many years. It is far past time, we as a group somehow find a way to self "police" and enforce some sort of standards among ourselves.

Yes, I'm back on the stump for the same old "Self-monitoring Professional Society" thing...for the commercial sector, at least.

It's just not a good idea to have law enforcement, government, and animal rights groups decide the rules and do the house cleaning for us.

Certainly things like this do occur. There are "bad guys" in any field of endeavor, just like there are exceptionally good ones. It is all a matter of statistical inference and the Bell Curve. It should be up to us, ourselves responsible to monitor the standards that WE set and to "throw the bums out". That is, to actually cooperate with Law Enforcement when appropriate.

We need to get proactive on this and get some distance from the outliers.

By the way, I'm not a commercial guy, but I do wish to maintain the ability to keep, breed, buy, sell, and trade Herps as I choose. There are just too many horror stories feeding the AR agenda resulting in proposed legislation that does threaten my future ability to keep, breed, buy, sell, and trade these magnificent animals.

Just my $0.02

jsc
-----
"As hard as I've tried, just can't NOT do this"
John Crickmer

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: strictly my opinion... - jscrick, Mon Mar 22 09:43:17 2010

<< Previous Message:  HERE IS VIDEO - brd, Sun Mar 21 21:20:46 2010