return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: So you want to buy an albino sulcata?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: tripletoes at Thu Apr 1 23:57:13 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by tripletoes ]  

Typically i think albino morphs hold there value more than any other morph. I dont think the Tortoise trade is anything like the BallPython trade where you have to be on the cutting edge of the latest craze. I know of very few tortoise breeders in my area. Most of the ones i know i keep in touch with via emailtext message in other citys. I think the length of time it takes to mature a tortoise keeps the value up. Not many people are in it for the long haul with something like that and not many people got the coin to spend on a project like that. So in 7-8-9 years when your producing the price might drop to something more affordable for most people. I LOVE tortoises and it would be hard for me and people like me to come up with an investment like that. I think theres a $300-$500 sweet spot where most enthusiests can come up with pretty quick. I think your investment will pay off for you. If you take good care of them they will take good care of you!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Check out this russian enclosure - RussianRider, Sat Apr 3 17:00:34 2010
<< Previous topic:  -Yellow Headed Babies - - amazoa, Wed Mar 31 13:15:05 2010