return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Is she gravid?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: ScotChuck at Wed Apr 7 15:41:48 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by ScotChuck ]  

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for the thorough and very timely reply. I have recived my fine vermiculite this morning ( i chose fine only to find that people generally prefer coarse!) and my hovabator has been running for 48 hours and is holding a really steady temp but i need to tweak it up a bit.

Since i posted last I have replaced the laying box on the hot side with a paving slab sat on 3 pieces of wood mimicing the rock that she was digging under on the cold side but offering her a much larger area underneath and about 3 inch depth of sand. I have positioned it so that it is half on and off the heat mat underneath to give her the choice. I then packed it with warm damp sand leaving a chuckie width gap at one end and a tunnel running in an L shape into the sand so that she can get into it.

I have been spraying under this slab daily with warm water to keep it moist. She has been paying this area lots of attention over the last couple of days and I was up till late last night listening to her digging under there. She has been sleeping in there for the last 4 nights (not digging/sleeping in the other rocky cave at all). So I am now very nervous and watching her like a hawk from the other side of the room. Her appetite has gone and she barely ate yesterday and I don't think she has eaten anything today.

I was going to prepare a box for the eggs inside the hoverbator this evening-should i soak the vermiculite and then wring it out as much as i can? A couple of air holes at each end? As i write she is in and out of the slab casve like a yoyo!

Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated

Ben

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Is she gravid? - MaureenCarpenter, Wed Apr 7 15:08:41 2010