return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Reunited at last and questions

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Escaped & Lost Herps ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jamesalternafan at Tue Apr 20 21:47:35 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jamesalternafan ]  

Last October I purchased a very unique '09 blond male suboc that what 100% het for both blond and albino but had an really light coloration to him (lighter than I had ever seen anyway). He was the culmination of my immature breeding group of which I already had females for to try my luck at triple homozygous. Anyway within about 2 hrs of him arriving he was strong enough to push open the rack he was temporarily in.

The garage got torn apart. Everything stored in the I moved out in a frantic search for him. I had friends come over and help me and even offered them a reward if they spotted him. From October to 4/20 the snake was nowhere to be found. I gave up hope and was really bummed and knew it would delay my first year of breeding for the triple.

Then tonight as my mother is walking into my garage she just screams "Ahhhh! James, James, come quick". Usually this scream is when she sees a mouse or rat. So I come running down, by this time she has yelled something about a snake. I charge in and am thinking which one could have escaped. Then I see the size of it and immediately know, today was my lucky day. The rain outside must have made it come out of hiding. I was and am ecstatic, 7 months gone and fingers crossed maybe not any worse for wear.

I set it up immediately at about 78 cold side and 90 degree hot side tub. I will try to feed him in a couple days which will give me an idea of how he is doing. Has anyone had experiences like this? Did the snake need to go to the vet? What can I do the make sure he is healthy (ie, water bath,mite treatment, panacur, etc? ?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereReunited at last and questions - jamesalternafan, Tue Apr 20 21:47:35 2010

>> Next topic:  Lost and Found Carpet Python - oneirogenesis, Wed Apr 28 20:28:39 2010
<< Previous topic:  LOST OR STOLEN IGUANA/ORLANDO FL - Clauzilla, Mon Mar 15 18:50:55 2010