return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Should I be worried about laying yet?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: MaureenCarpenter at Wed Apr 28 16:22:51 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by MaureenCarpenter ]  

I posted at the bottom of your last thread a few minutes ago, so hopefully Nick or someone else will give you their opinion on Trevor. Like people, Chucks differ in their preganancies and laying times and gestation times, etc. I have a female who nibbles many times a day. She stays in the nest box, but comes out to grab three mouthfuls, gets on top of the box to bask, then goes in and just sits. For days she may do this, kind of digging nonchalantly now and then. The day before she lays, she does not eat and kicks the vermiculite all over and digs constantly. Then she puts her tail at the lower end of her trench and goes into a trance. Some of the females I have had lay about 4AM consistantly, but this one lays mid-morning to mid-afternoon consistantly. Go figure! LOL I have had others who don't eat for days before laying and by the time they drop them, they are boney on their tails and look emaciated. The moment they lay, they're out of that box and eating with gusto. It is amazing how quickly they plump out again. Just a few days and they're "good as new!"

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Should I be worried about laying yet? - mart20, Tue Apr 27 13:48:47 2010 image in post