return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

I thought this was funny...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kensopher at Tue Apr 27 10:14:51 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kensopher ]  

I give turtle talks at local schools. My Wife teaches at one of the high schools. The Biology Dept. chair sent her this email this morning. She brought her young kids in to hear the talk, which included a live animal demonstration.

"Yesterday I was driving my youngest son, Marshall, to Bible drill and we were talking about his teacher's new baby. I was reminiscing about when he was a baby and how much fun it was, how hard, etc. He asked if we were done with babies to which I responded with a resounding "Yes!". He said it would be a miracle if we had another one (would it ever!).

Taking advantage of a moment, I asked him if he had any questions about where babies come from. He said they come out of a woman's stomach. When asked how they got there, he replied "Well, it's just like turtles. The man puts his thing up inside the woman and the baby grows in there". I asked him what was the deal about the turtles...did he witness this or
read about it? He replied that he remembered the "turtle guy" talking all about it!!

Moral of the story: when your Biology teacher mother asks a question about turtle sex, she needs to remember that you are in the room listening and taking everything in!!

I just thought you and the "turtle guy" would get a chuckle out of that. I'll never forget it!!

Have a great day!!"

I guess I need to pay better attention to my audience! Of course, it was her fault for saying, "Show everybody how turtles mate."

I'm mortified, but still thought it was funny. I sure hope she explains the differences, or the poor kid's gonna be real messed up. I started the narrative with, "Well, the male chases the female and bites at her head and arms."

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I thought this was funny... - StephF, Tue Apr 27 13:35:43 2010