return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Could she be re-absorbing her eggs?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chuckwallas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mart20 at Wed May 5 05:34:23 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mart20 ]  

Hi again everyone, I've been running around like a headless chicken lately to get things ready for my other pair of chucks I'll be collecting soon lol, I'm nearly there now though, the viv is built, it just needs the runners and the glass. Any how getting back to the pair I have, well mable looks to be getting smaller and going back to the size she was when I first collected her but NO SIGHN OF ANY EGGS!. What the heck could be happening? it just doesn't make sence, I did read something on a forum (can't remember if it was this forum or another) about re-absorbing eggs, could this be what is happening?. The only other thing I can think of is that, after I first got her I became more and more concerned as 6 days had passed and she hadn't had a poo, so I contacted the previous owner and asked if this was normal for her, and she said yes they can go for up to a week sometimes without going to the loo. I'm not saying anything wrong about the previous owner as she seems really nice and looks after her reptiles really well but that didn't sound quite right to me and I felt she should be more regular than that, any how she now seems to be going pretty much every day now (I think that is due to the tortoise food having fibre in it and the fact that you soak it in a little water). So I'm wondeirng if she looks smaller because she is pooing more, I mean (sorry if this is too much info but I think it will give you some clues lol)yesterday there was some poo in there, I can't be sure if it was from Trevor or Mable but it was the size of my little finger!. So as I say could she still have the eggs I could see, but they aren't as visable and she looks smaller due to passing poo that may have been bloked up a bit. Sorry for such a longpost and sorry if there was too much info at times lol, but the more info I give you the more you will be able to advice me. Any thoughts you have and actual excperiances similar to what I've described would be great and then I won't be sitting her scratching my head as to what is going on lol.
Thank you
Martin

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE:re-absorbing her eggs? pictures - mart20, Wed May 5 06:39:08 2010 image in post