return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Snake that said Hi to me. What is it?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - What Kind? ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: chrish at Tue May 11 16:32:15 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by chrish ]  

I threw it away from me twice with the rake and once I hit it with the flat of the comb rake it went under some rocks vs. come back my way.

Snakes don't "come back your way", even large snakes. That is simply an old wives tail. Many of us on here have dealt with thousands of wild snakes and it just doesn't happen in spite of the urban (rural) legends.

What you did was maim a completely harmless (actually beneficial slug-eating) garden resident and the leave it to crawl off and suffer a slow agonizing death. You very likely broke its back, and it will be forced to drag that paralyzed posterior around until it starves to death over several weeks or months.

If you feel the need to kill the animal in your yard, which is completely understandable, make sure you kill it outright. If you have to hit it 10x with the rake, finish the job.

Not trying to lecture, just don't like see animal's suffer needlessly.
-----
Chris Harrison
San Antonio, Texas

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  thanks chris. - anuraanman, Tue May 11 20:26:47 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: I do mean to lecture! - RickGordon, Tue May 11 21:22:00 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: Snake that said Hi to me. What is it? - hondo1199, Mon Jun 7 20:39:52 2010

<< Previous Message:  Snake that said Hi to me. What is it? - My2Monsters, Mon May 10 13:37:20 2010 image in post