return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Python Hunters Premiere

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Burmese Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Calparsoni at Mon Jul 12 12:10:01 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Calparsoni ]  

I won't be making a judgement on the show as I won't be watching it. We have been burned by nat geo and the animal rights planet and the rest of the lot too many times before. Collectively anyway, I haven't personally been burned as I am a semi-professional musician that comes from a family of professional musicians. I am very well aware of the well used tactic of using controversy to sucker people to either buy your product or to generate free advertisement for it that is much better than any advertising you can buy. Unfortunately I am contributing to it right now but I am attempting to get others to stop this. Its is done everytime one of these shows comes on. Somebody will come on here and scream about it and others will scream back and forth about it voila....word of mouth advertising. This is how alice cooper kiss wasp and madonna (and many others.) have sold records in the past. They either did something controversial or recorded a controversial song and suddenly free adds pop up on Sunday mornings in churches nationwide to a captive (coveted) demographic of rebellious teens. I have seen it just recently with Katy perry's I kissed a girl. She has gotten at least 4 free adds in the last 3 months for that song in the church I go to and no telling how many other free adds nationwide.
Barry Manilow never gets this type of hype and free advertising nor do shows on animal channels about the sex lives of aardwolves, But snakes invading the everglades???? and once again voila free advertising and the advertisiers who pay the tv channels love it when you threaten to boycott them as they know you are seeing their adds and they know the boycott thing is a load of crap and wouldn't last long if you actually did boycott them.
So for God's sake stop the free advertising!!!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Python Hunters Premiere - tom_reagan, Mon Jul 12 08:59:40 2010