return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

W.A Gaboon and Rhino viper care?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomous Reptiles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: masterfun40 at Thu Jul 29 18:36:43 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by masterfun40 ]  

Hey ive had my rhino and gaboon viper for over a month now and just want to make sure I'm keeping them right (can never be to safe) i have them in 12q tubs (the snakes are 8" long) on heat tape with the temps set to a hot spot of 84-85, there on cypress mulch as there bedding ( kind you would buy at Lowes in the big bag i was careful not to get it mixed with any other woods but ALL the bags say "cypress mulch blend" and none of them mentioned other woods so i assumed that means bark and wood is used in the cypress) i keep the cypress damp to keep humidity up in the tubs for them i mist the cage every 2-3 days keeping the mulch moist I'm not sure if this is to much? but it seems to be working fine and i heard there in swampy areas in the wild. they both have large water bowls big enough for them to soak in though they never want anything to do with it so i use the "viperkeeper" method and bought one of those wash bottles and hand water them once a week so i know there being hydrated, they are both eating fine never missed a meal in the month Ive had them I'm feeding them on Fridays. but anyways i just want to double check and make sure I'm doing everything correctly its very hard to gather a lot of info on them and I'm doing everything by the very little info i gathered and common sense so please correct me if I'm wrong on anything. Thanks -Josh

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: W.A Gaboon and Rhino viper care? - Carmichael, Thu Jul 29 21:09:50 2010
>> Next Message:  RE: W.A Gaboon and Rhino viper care? - texasviper619, Wed Aug 4 08:58:52 2010