return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Eastern Indigo X Texas Indigo Hybrids???

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Eric East at Sat Aug 14 10:44:34 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Eric East ]  

>>Paul, obviously you have no clue as to what you are talking about. It is a lie to say that I have ever crosssed an animal, let alone an indigo. I was contacted immediately when this message went up. I never participate in forums because of stupidity like this. The animal you have pictured is a yellow-tail, can't you tell the difference. I have over fifty pure breed indigos in my collection. All of my Texas Indigos came from wild caught stock. I do not have a single animal in my collection that was produced by another breeder in this country. I bought my first Texas Indigos from Don Hamper back in the 1970's, they had been collected by a very noteable zoo director. In the early 1970's I collected a number of additional animals myself.
>>
>>I have collected all but three species of indigos. I would never allow an animal into my collection that I did not collect or breed because I know that most of the animals on the market are not pure bred animals and I will not buy from most breeders. I had two "Texas" animals from Brian Sharp that I later sold before ever breeding them. Currently, I have several litters of D.c. corais and D.c. melanurus for sale. I am sold out of D.c. cooperi and D.c. errebenus.
>>
>>Paul, I presume your ignorance related to the crossing of D.c. errebenus and D.c. cooperi is related to the amount of red on my errebenus. A truely informed person who has seen literally dozens of these animals in the field and hundreds of these animals at wholesalers would understand that your average Texas Indigo from certain areas will have far more red on them than any Eastern Indigo. My first Texas Indigos cost me $15 apiece and they both dropped eggs the first night that I had them. At the time collectors where selling Texas Indigos to zoos for king cobra food.
>>
>>Paul, your message is an insult and I cannot wait to see you again.

What do you mean when you say most of the animals on the market are not purebred?
-----
Jesus is Lord!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Eastern Indigo X Texas Indigo Hybrids??? - bobassetto, Sat Aug 14 15:50:25 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Eastern Indigo X Texas Indigo Hybrids??? - capbornreptiles, Thu Aug 12 21:32:52 2010