return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: The reality is...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uromastyx ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mart20 at Tue Sep 21 13:04:39 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mart20 ]  

Hi, thaks for that, I guess only time will tell really. I've had him out a couple of times now and done a bit of work with him in his viv and I think it's promising so far. I won't go in to it too much as I'll post an update on how I'm getting on in a few days or so, but it seems he's not to bad at all apart from the tail whipping every now and then, he's not shy about comeing up to me and only tail whipped at me once and that was half harted lol, he'll let me pick him up no problem infact when picked up he's really supprisingly calm and I asked his previous owners if he had always been so calm when picked up and they said yes he has, which is an amazing bonus for me. Having worked with him a bit I'd say the problem isn't as bad as I thought and I think he's aprox 80- 90% where I want him to be really, it just seems as though the tail whipping doesn't match the rest of his personality but I'll keep going with him any way and see if I can reduce the ammount of tail whipping at least, so far so good though, and I'm very hopefull. I'll keep an eye out for stressing him too much though as you guys have said and then go back to him at a later date if I have to. As mentioned I'll post an up date at some point so you and everyone else can see how I'm getting on.
Cheers
Martin

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: The reality is... - Craigo, Mon Sep 20 22:30:13 2010