return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: HELP!!! Is she sick? SHE BIT ME!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Python Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: weheartbrandi at Tue Nov 2 09:46:46 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by weheartbrandi ]  

ok so im not gonna actually tell you youre snake is sick, im not a vet or anything, but i have a ball python (way younger however) with a RI right now. She does make a popping/clicking sound, its very faint, which could be why you hear it when shes around your neck. and mine doesnt have the salivia, but that is a sign. also look for anything coming out her nose. the head tilting up thing is a major sign for these. my snake goes to her water ball (she doesnt hardly ever get all the way in) and rest her head up on it. or on her hide. she also randomly will make a wheezing noise if i scare her or she gets too cold. i took mine to the vet bc these can get really nasty if you let them. they can give you either a shot to give once a day for a week or liquid you syringe down the throat once a day for 3 weeks. i took the syringe (i dont do needles hahha). these take a long time to heal. i have heard of people healing them without meds. just raise the temp in the tank. humidity too if you can. this may not make it go away, i dont know much other to tell you than that, but if it gets worse, vet is probably the best bet. i spent 75 dollars so it wasnt toooo bad. GOOD LUCK!

oh and try to not handle it as much, when they come out the tank or whatever your housing them in, it drops their heat drastically.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: HELP!!! Is she sick? SHE BIT ME!!!! - weheartbrandi, Tue Nov 2 09:47:39 2010

<< Previous Message:  HELP!!! Is she sick? SHE BIT ME!!!! - ZoeFugazi, Tue Nov 2 03:36:05 2010 *HOT TOPIC*