return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Help Please

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Health & Breeding ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: HappyHillbilly at Sun Nov 14 01:25:24 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by HappyHillbilly ]  

In your first post you said that you disinfected the racks. What did you use?

The reason I ask is because a few months ago I had a similar situation, but involving two Burmese Pythons. One appeared to have a slight response to Baytril injections but the other one didn't. I scrubbed the cage and did everything imaginable but their condition wasn't improving enough for me. Very seldom have I had to resort to antibiotics to get rid of an RI, but something was obviously different this time.

I placed them in other cages and within a few days I saw improvements. Not long afterward one got sick again. Yes, back in the original cage. Took me a few months of re-tracing my steps, over & over, before I finally hit upon a possible cause.

The month of August was unusually dry here and I also increased the ventilation holes in that cage and failed to monitor the humidity level within it. That's also about the time I switched from cleaning my cages with a bleach solution to using Nolvasan.

When the timing of it all dawned on me I read the label on the bottle of Nolvasan. What does it say? "Not effective against Pseudomonas aeruginosa ....."

However, I didn't have any issues with them losing scales like you. I don't know what to make of that.

I wish you all the best!
HH
-----
Due to political correctness run amuck,
this ol' hillbilly is now referred to as an:
Appalachian American

www.natures-signature.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Hatchling Deaths - hodgepodgepython, Sun Nov 14 10:16:10 2010
<< Previous topic:  Help Help Help Need Advice for Snake - rockcityreptiles, Thu Nov 11 23:01:05 2010