return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: What's your favorite Cribo

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Indigo Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Bigtattoo at Sun Nov 28 10:31:54 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Bigtattoo ]  

Hi Jorge What's your favorite kingsnake? LOL

It's not easy to chose I happen to like both the blacktails and yellowtails equally. The unicolors and redtails I just haven't found quality that I like enough to go out and purchase but I don't rule that out.

My blacktails are from John Michaels of BlackPearl Retpiles. My male is out of his breeders. My female is out of his Chuck Elliotts.

This first pic shows one of the things I love about Cribos, their size potential. This is his sire.

Another of the sire.

Here is his dam.

Here is my male baby.

Here's the female I don't have pics of her dam and sire.

My YTs are from Freight Freitas. His Dam is a F1 CB that he got from a Canadian breeder. His sire is an LTC WC so these are fresh blood for YTs here in the states.

YT Dam

YT Sire

My female baby from above parents.

My male baby.

The criteria I used in choosing was I wanted black tail cribos, not blackish, not blackish brown but black. John had the best available in really black with good contrast between body and tail.

For the YTs I love the high contrast in Freight's adults although I had first pick of his babies and could have gone with his more lemonheads I chose these two in the hopes of them turning out like the parents.

I love Indigos and had couperis back in the late 70's. With interstate permits and my concerns about the thin gene pool in CB Easterns I'm not prepared to 1 have the government involved in my herps in any way. 2 Not prepared to spend the money and possibly have genetic complications due to the thin gene pool. This my not really be a concern but at almost 2000 for a pair I'm not prepared to take that risk.

The Cribos have similar care, temprament and size to the couperi so for the time being anyway I will be more than content with them.

I would highly recommend either of these breeders. They both have been extremely helpful and always available with any follow up after the sale. I don't think John has any BTs available right now. Freight has an older pair '09s of BTs and YT babies available. While his prices are a little higher I think the pics show the quality of his animals are well worth the price and his babies are feeding, an important consideration.

BTW did you see those yellow cribos Ben Seigel had on his ads? Not yellow TAILS beautiful sulfur yellow over the whole body. They were WCs out of Paraguay if I remember correctly and weren't available for more than a day but awesome looking animals.

Is this kind of what you were after?
-----
BigT
There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity. The ignorant can be taught, stupidity is beyond our control.
1.2 P. m. melanoleucus B/W N. J. Northern Pines
1.2 P. d. deppei Mexican Pines
2.2 P. l. lineaticollis Linis or Lined Pines
1.2 P. m. lodingi Black Pines
1.1 Drymarchon melenurus Blacktail Cribo
1.2 M. s. cheynei Jungle Carpet
2.6 L. p. pyromelana Arizona Mt. Kings
1.1 L. g. californiae B/W Cali kings
0.0.3 M. f. flagellum Eastern Coachwhips
1.2 G. m. bottegoi Western Plated lizards

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: What's your favorite Cribo - a153fish, Sun Nov 28 16:22:56 2010

<< Previous Message:  What's your favorite Cribo - a153fish, Sat Nov 27 15:20:16 2010 *HOT TOPIC*