return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Retic. Hole/Abrasion/Huh? HELP!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Herp Health & Breeding ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: snakelady at Thu Dec 9 15:40:06 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by snakelady ]  

Ok, I am at my wit's end here trying to get this turned around. I have a juvie (less then 1 year old), female purple albino reticulated python.... (And before y'all say "take to a herp vet," there isn't really any for ohhh... 300 or so miles - I'm rural)... About 2-3 months ago she got this round abrasion looking divot on the midline of her head right between the eyes. I figured that since she was growing and still cramming herself under her favorite log curl she was getting a rub spot. I flipped it over and she now uses it like a hammock. I've been treating with a polymexin B complex ointment every day with no turn around or signs of healing. Shes still alert, active, feeding great, no regurg, and its kinda hard to tell if she has any color loss (purple albino after all....). The latest shed shes had was a bit different, a bit stuck to the scab on her head. I soaked it off carefully and found that she now appears to have another smaller one starting up on the midline a bit closer to her snout. I am not finding much, let alone any pics so I can look at what the articles are talking about... Any advice?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  quarantine issue ? - po, Sat Dec 11 23:52:26 2010
<< Previous topic:  Cal-Kings what is best age to breed - lostmymind, Mon Dec 6 22:46:59 2010