return to main index

  mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
 
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  MAHS Fox Valley Meeting - Sept. 20, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Daphne - Sept. 21, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon New Port Richey - Sept. 21-22, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Baltimore - Sept. 21-22, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herpetolocial Society Meeting - Sept. 21, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept. 25, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - Sept. 27, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept. 28, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Roanoke - Sept. 28-29, 2019 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Macon - Sept. 28-29, 2019 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
CITES, Import/Export, Lacey Act - Law Office of Patrick Flanigan
pool banner - $50 year

DECISION BUT NEED HELP

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Linda G at Tue Dec 21 17:51:56 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Linda G ]  
   

Hi,

Thanks again for all of your input. I have decided after much thought that I need to go ahead and allow him to do what is natural. I plan on hibernating him but I will do it indoors. I cannot allow him to waste away and I really don't think he is going to eat anything in spite of my efforts. I really don't think he is a hatchling either as his weight is more of a yearly from what I have read and he looks just like an adult except for his size. Here are my questions. Please respond as quickly as possible

1. I have an area that is about 60 degrees or an area that is 40-52 degrees depending on the temps outside. We have been in the single digits around here. I live about 2 hours from Chicago. Which is the appropriate temp?

2. I plan on using a sweater box (rubbermaid)with air holes in it. Can I use the potting soil and sand mixture that he currently has?

2. What humidity level would be appropriate? If I have him in the soil mixture and keep damp moss on top of the mixture will that be sufficient for humidity?

3. What are the appropriate steps for the cool down. Temps?

4. How often should I remove him and allow him to soak?

Sorry for all of the questions. I have never done this before but have done alot of reading lately which you can imagine. Please let me know if there is anything additional that i need to be aware of. I am terrified and have not made this decision quickly. I just feel at this point it is his best chance.

Thanks again
Linda and Little T


   

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]


>> Next Message:  RE: DECISION BUT NEED HELP - terryo, Tue Dec 21 21:03:36 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Update/another problem - AllenSheehan, Mon Dec 20 20:20:21 2010