return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Winter Enclosure Renovations

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Box Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: curtis9980 at Thu Dec 23 13:43:17 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by curtis9980 ]  

So, I hate Dallas when it's 110 in the summer, but I do love that I can work outside in relative comfort in late December.

I am working on making some changes to my boxie enclosure. The front is getting loose from the cottonwood's roots, so I've pulled it up and am putting the posts back in, a little straighter than last time. But the BIG change, will be I have opened up the enclosure and plan to combine the Easterns with the 3-toed.

In the past, I kept them apart for fear of bullying from the 3-toed, but I think now that the Easterns have grown so much and are maturing, it's time to put them together. It will give them each double the space, and allow me to put in one pond in the middle and a lot of different areas; wood, leaf piles, plantings, etc. I have been really jealous looking around the net at some superior enclosures, and I just want to make mine as nice as possible for my space and limited funds.

I'm planning to cap the enclosure as well, add a couple of stepping stones, and replace the grass with a natural planting of sedges, hostas, ferns, sedums and more.

Curtis

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Allen or someone else can you tell me - Linda G, Mon Dec 27 18:41:16 2010
<< Previous topic:  Argh!!!!!! - Linda G, Thu Dec 23 11:25:54 2010