return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

legal in new york state

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rear-Fanged ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: skinny420 at Mon Jan 3 09:23:30 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by skinny420 ]  

i own a few ball pythons and assorted herps. i seen a vine snake at the local pet shop and thought it would be an excelent display animal. while checking about the requirements of keeping one i found out they were venomous. so can i keep a rear fanged snake in new york if its venomous? i know the boomslang is out and probly the mangrove but what else can i keep legaly. and to the people who keep vine snakes would a 90gal tank be good enough or should i build a cage with more height. either way it will be nicely planted and i want to know if they can be kept in same sex pairs. i think a pair chasing geckos around would be cool. and im in my thirties with no kids and am a responsible person. so no worries about the venom. my real worry is if they can be acclimated easily. i can get anoles and geckos cheap so if they cant be trained to eat mice or fish that is fine. just dont want a stressed out problem snake. whats your thoughts on vines and other rear fanged snakes. and to anyone who reads this. these snakes altho venomous are pretty safe. my friend has a 40 lb aligator snapper that would take your hand clean off. and thats legal. and i have a vietnamese centipede and a indian ornamental spider that have some wicked venom. all ny legal. so the vine and the hognose are probly ok. but whats the limit? is there a ld50 limit. or just what the corupt politicians have decided to put on a list. and where are the laws written in english? thanks to all who will help me on this and sorry i ramble alot and cant spell at all. lol

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: legal in new york state - RickGordon, Wed Jan 12 14:18:46 2011