return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Goodbye Uro lovers=)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Uromastyx ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: msmmarie at Sun Jan 9 18:59:43 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by msmmarie ]  

Hello all,

I've been a lurker here since I got my first Mali in 2001 and have enjoyed all of the very valuable information. I left for a year or so after my divorce and returned last Spring with my new pair of Bandeds from Doug. You may remember recently my post about them biting...which unfortunately only increased in occurences and intensity over the last month. So, as of two days ago, I found a new home for them in MO at Big Time Reptiles (no worries, they were NOT shipped in this cold cold weather). After talking to Lynn numerous times I know they are in a better home where they can be 'tank art' or make babies and no more stress of a 4yo wanting to play with them daily.

Which leads me to a happy ending....I returned to Beardies almost 10 years in Uro's in an effort to find a more reliable, kid friendly personality and a reptile that would enjoy being handled. Today my little girl and I made a trip north to meet a potential new family member and came home with what I swear is her little lizard 'soul mate'=) He's just a sweet teddy bear and seemed to really take her in stride. Faith Ann has named him 'Despicable Me'...Desi for short He's already eating and settling in quietly in his tank this evening....just as interested in watching us move about and live life as we are in him.

So, we will still be lurking here I'm sure but 'moving' to the Beardie forum.

Thank you for all of the support and information over the years and who knows, maybe we'll be back someday! Until then, take care=)
Molly and Faith Ann

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Goodbye Uro lovers=) - troyuroranch, Tue Jan 11 14:38:14 2011