return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: I bet, lol....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PBM at Sun Jan 16 12:52:33 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PBM ]  

I read through it and I liked the honesty of it. I prefer the simple approach like what you used. A lot of people try to make it sound like it's going to be really difficult and make attempts at talking over people's heads. There's always going to be variables we can't control, but I think if people follow your advice they will be on the right track to breeding success. Of course what works perfectly one season can fail the next, so little tweaks are always important. I think one of the biggest breeding problems we end up with is trying to make one uniform plan that fits everyone. With all the different weather patterns we have in the U.S. what works in a California home, probably won't in Minnesota for example. With the pre birth sheds, I've gone to the point that as long as I get one, I'm happy. The time line varies like you said, but one thing that has stayed true from my experience-if you don't get that shed prior to birth, it was probably a bad litter. So, if I get that shed, I can generally rest at ease that the litter will be a good one. Have any Dumerils breeders busted your chops on anything? I thought you did a good job, good info, easy to follow, and from what I've heard you have people thinking about picking up some Dumerils. That's great!!! My ONLY complaint-you mentioned other people's Red groups....I wanted to see pics of what they're working with, lol. I have a good group of Reds and that one line made me really want to see what's out there, lol. Yes, I flipped back through in case I missed pics of them. I also wondered who a couple people in your list were, but most of them I've heard of. You also made Reptiles magazine a few more bucks because when it comes out in stores, I will pick up a couple copies! You going to sign one for me?

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: I bet, lol.... - pathigdon, Mon Jan 17 13:55:50 2011
>> Next Message:  RE: I bet, lol.... - pathigdon, Mon Jan 17 13:57:59 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: I bet, lol.... - pathigdon, Sat Jan 15 17:01:33 2011