return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
$50 banner pool - click here

RE: kids and big snakes

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Reticulated Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: AllenSheehan at Mon Jan 24 21:34:46 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by AllenSheehan ]  

Well we crossed this bridge a few years ago also. I moved my large retics to the Garage. This way my wife feels good about the door to the garaage being locked as well as the cages themselves being locked. It worked out rather well as there is just more room in the garage and the smell is out of the house. Not to mention the wife feels safe that way. As for my son I never really kept him from the snakes. I would let him look at them thru the cage from day one, At about 2 years of age I would let him touch them and such. They are obviously to big for him to attempt to hold one so that is a non issue. You just have to be smart about it. To be honest my son is now three years old and because he has grown up with snakes he really doesnt care about them. The neighbor kids get more of a kick out of them than my son does. You can tell by the attached picture my wife is still not very confortable around them. This is about as close as she will get..LOL.
At the end of the day your cages need locks and only you know where the key is

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  kids and big snakes - varanid, Sun Jan 23 19:18:31 2011