return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

If I build it, will they come???

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: SouthernSerpent at Wed Feb 16 18:19:31 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by SouthernSerpent ]  

I built a tortoise table during the spring of last year. My wife tells me I am a pretty good carpenter. The table I built is 40"x20" inside dimensions, with a small shelter to mimic a burrow, and a supported bar completely across the top lengthwise to hang a choice of light fixtures on. The inside is water sealed to protect the wood, and the exterior is stained in english oak. Leg length is 30". The table is light enough that one person can move it with ease. It has trim around the outer rim, and down each outside corner to dress it up. I wish I had some pics of it to post on here, but I can never get the right size photos required for on here. Go figure. We live in northwest Louisiana, so during the winter she stays in the house all the time. She has an ExoTerra 125 watt heat/uva/uvb murcury vapor bulb to bask under, and a heat mat to lay on if she chooses. I have been considering building some more and selling them, but I am one of those types who is overly critical of their own work. Oh well, maybe I will, maybe I wont. LOL! Hope anyone who reads this can get a mental picture of what I built. Sorry if the post is too long.
-----
1.0 red phase western hognose
1.0 100% het albino columbian
1.0 pastel columbian
0.1 hypo columbian
0.1 guyana
1.2 jcp
1.0 irian jaya
1.3 normal balls
1.2 100% het pied balls
1.0 ghost ball
0.1 pastel ball