return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Maybe we already have some....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PBM at Fri Mar 4 01:08:09 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PBM ]  

Really, let's kick this idea around a little bit. There are several ball morphs that for all intents and purposes, look pretty normal. For some reason, ball keepers fill their rooms with racks holding up to 30 adults per rack. They have a LOT of animals to play around with. They're also studying every aspect of an animals "look" trying to find the next morph. There are not many people WORKING with Dumerils. So, looking at the dark female I just posted. Color wise, you could compare to a chocolate ball. You take away normal coloring, you get a pretty blah looking animal, but when they combine the chocolates with things like pinstripes, they start making some pretty wicked animals. Yellow bellies? Are you kidding me, I have some and how normal do they look? Who is studying belly coloration on their Dumerils? I am, but really how hard are we looking at these animals and working toward putting two animals with these subtle differences together. Most people just buy a Dumerils or two, and take what they get. Very few are extremely picky in what they're picking up and in the end with what they're breeding. So, maybe we have some hidden treasures we just haven't happened across yet. Maybe there isn't anything though, and we're just stuck with normal Dumerils. I'd have no problem with that at all. Morphs will just bring outsiders in looking to make money off something they had no interest in up until that point. So, do the next best thing and breed the best you can to make animals that stand out on their own.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  New pic - johnthebaptist, Thu Mar 3 21:44:41 2011
<< Previous topic:  Pinson Line Dumerils - PBM, Tue Mar 1 12:17:35 2011