return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

To Kelly and "wlcmmtt"

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomous Reptiles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: deathstalker at Wed Mar 16 13:44:55 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by deathstalker ]  

Kelly and "wlcmmtt",

Good to know! I thank You two very much for the forewarning! And it's also good to know such a beauty is still a good first hot.

A cage with a bottom that slides out = so practical! I will have to keep this design in mind as a better-type of enclosure to go with. I was actually thinking of Exo-Terra Glass Terrariums with front-opening doors - I know these are definitely a necessity! You all agree?

"...two sides that are able to be closed off from one another..." kind of confuses me. You mean the side panels disassemble or something?

Indeed, I was aware Tropidolaemus wagleri is smaller which is comforting. And further indeed, to paraphrase what a musical artist stated on his first album which was about Nature, I always say 'We must come to learn, fear, and respect Mother Nature for the ultimate power and perfection that she beholds!' Id est, I would never underestimate any hot's potency, or potential to inflict a concerning bite. Again (from earlier posts), I just thought maybe having a species not so deadly may be good should a bite occur, that's all.

All-in-all, again, it comes down to the respect, but also common sense, practicality (in many aspects, exempli gratia, enclosure design), a good conscious state of mind, logical thinking, and having a good, clear head on one's shoulders when dealing with hots. Id est, if tired or not 100% with it, I won't lay a finger on the cage!

Timothy

>>I've got a good sized female Temple, with a HUGE head, and it didn't take long (the first time she ate actually) to realize what was hidden in there. I like her though because she's very hands off. By that I mean, I have no REASON/Need to handle her. Her cage has a bottom that slides out with permanent perches in place AND two sides that are able to be closed off from one another rather easily. So, when I do have to clean her (however rare, since they defecate so infrequently), it's super easy. The other reason I like her as a first hot, is that she's no where near the length of many other hots. None of these are reasons to be careless with her, but as long as they're treated with the respect and caution they deserve, the odds of something bad happening are greatly reduced.

-----
T.J. Gould

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: To Kelly and "wlcmmtt" - wlcmmtt, Wed Mar 16 17:02:42 2011

<< Previous Message:  Agreed. - wlcmmtt, Tue Mar 15 20:07:15 2011