return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: A few good choices for first hot?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomous Reptiles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Deathstalker at Sun Mar 20 01:33:04 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Deathstalker ]  

Larry,

I hear You on compromises, and You're faaar from the only one who makes them, and for legitimate reasoning, so I understand. I'm just a naturalist and all into aesthetics, but of course practicality and ease of access to everything (exempli gratia, water bowl if applicable) above all, and which make way for safety in the case of hots.

I have taken ALL details of ALL personal setups on here to mind and have been thinking hard of which commercial enclosures would be best, and funny enough, I was all over the Neodesha website some weeks ago (used to be obsessed and long for their products in the late 90s/early 00s before they went out, but I never had the money as an early high schooler). They may not be stackable, but they have the racks.

I think their prices seem fair for not actually owning one, I just need to get the money, heh. Otherwise, I am contemplating going back on a teen activity of sketching/detailing some custom-built enclosures by my own hands.

Timothy

>>>>I honestly don't believe in keeping my pets in "shoebox" containers where they cannot be pleasurably viewed
>>
>>If you have the space and time to maintain more attractive and/or naturalistic enclosures, more power to you. I took in a bunch of snakes that needed homes (basically the refuge ran out of space) and have to make compromises for space and efficiency.
>>
>>Just make sure you put some (more than some) thought into what kind of enclosures you use. Many very nice looking commercial cages are very difficult to open without getting your hand close to the opening (most cages with two-piece, sliding fronts) and many have blind-spots where a snake can hide.
>>
>>Neodesha cages are very nice in this regard as the ones with the one-piece. sliding front can be pulled out from one side and you never have to be within the width of the cage from the opening. Most of them don't stack and many people don't find them terribly attractive, but they are almost as easy to clean as my el-cheapo containers.
>>-----
>>What goes up must come down...unless it exceeds escape velocity.

-----
T.J. Gould

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: A few good choices for first hot? - stevenorndorff, Sun Mar 20 07:00:09 2011

<< Previous Message:  RE: A few good choices for first hot? - LarryF, Sun Mar 20 00:49:45 2011