return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

bait and switch

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Dumerils Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gabeanderson at Wed Mar 16 15:12:43 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gabeanderson ]  

The bait...

Been cruising this forum for a while and browsing around made me want to get a dums for myself. Finally got to bring Olive home about three weeks ago, and I'm really excited to have her.

The switch...

Unfortunately, Olive recently got mites from (I believe) being in proximity to the mice I fed Clementine, my ball. I discovered this fact after noticing that Clem hadn't left her hides in quite a while and was soaking-which she never does-in the morning-when she's never out. I took her out last night bc she was finally out of her hide at a normal time, and found that by soaking she had managed to kill dozens of mites of all sizes which were floating in her water dish. I immediately checked Olive and found a couple big ones on her too.

I gave both of them baths yesterday, took out the substrates and cleaned both enclosures, and put them back in with newspaper this time.

I'll be getting Provent-a-Mite tonight and misting both enclosures. I also removed the extra substrate bags from the ladies' bedroom and will continue using newspaper until I'm confident the varmints have been eradicated.

Is there anything else I should be doing to clear up the issue? I didn't find any mites in the extra bedding, so is that safe to use after spraying and/or quarantining?

Thanks!

Gabe

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Breeding Dumerils - too late? - ChaosCat, Thu Mar 17 22:48:41 2011
<< Previous topic:  What's more fun than Dumerils....... - PBM, Fri Mar 11 20:41:19 2011