return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

CrocLog podcast

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Crocodilians ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Adam Britton at Sat Apr 9 06:48:10 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Adam Britton ]  

Hi guys,

To address the lack of podcasts dedicated to our favourite group of animals, I’d like to draw your attention to our crocodile podcast “CrocLog”.

Roughly once a month Adam Britton and Brandon Sideleau discuss recent crocodilian news stories from around the world (not all of them serious), we talk about research and conservation projects on crocs, dissect the latest TV shows, and we usually interview someone about their work or experiences with crocodilians. We’re still experimenting with the structure of the show, and we’d be keen to introduce new features such as education, zoo news, events, feedback and more. If you’d like to send any material for us to feature, please contact me at crocodilian.com and bear in mind that it may be a few weeks between episodes. Any links to news/events will be mirrored on my blog. We are also always looking for interviewees who’d like to talk about their work, exciting projects, or just crocs in general in a relaxed “radio interview” style format.

There’s no doubt we’re still learning how to improve the show, and we’re happy to hear suggestions on ways to improve it and increase its relevance.

You can find a list of the episodes at my blog (http://crocodilian.blogspot.com - linked below).

I’d suggest you start with the latest episodes. In Episode 4 Brandon interviews Cherie and Vince Rose (ACES) about their work in Belize and the destruction of their facility, we talk about the issues of keeping crocodiles as pets prompted by the TV show “Fatal Attractions”, we highlight several recent wild crocodile attacks, and we discuss the lighter side of crocodile news such as the pros and cons of using alligators and caimans to guard your stash of dope.

You can also find it on iTunes - search for "CrocLog".

Cheers
Adam

CrocBlog (with links to podcast episodes)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  help !! baby dwarf caiman wont eat - podell80, Thu Apr 21 14:25:09 2011
<< Previous topic:  Crocodilian USFWS Special Rules - GLZ, Thu Mar 31 13:24:56 2011