return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

I really need some help, please!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Candoia (Ground) Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: waspinator421 at Thu Apr 14 10:47:33 2011  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by waspinator421 ]  

So here's the story. I dropped a LOT of cash on an adult 1.2 trio of Isabels back in Summer of 2010. The females had the potential to be gravid, and therefore were not eating. In Novemberish one the the females gave birth to 2 stills, one weak live baby that died a week later, and a few slugs. She then died a couple weeks after that. The breeder thought she may have been bound up with the rest of the babies.

The other female ended up not being gravid, but still to this day has not eaten one thing.... not even interested. The male ate one thawed rat pup right away, and hasn't eaten anything since. However, they both are VERY willing to snap an bite at me, so I know they have the energy, lol!

I've tried various sized mice and rats, both live and dead. I recently got my hands on some frozen chicks and they turned up their noses at those too. The breeder said they were eating very well on thawed rats, and is at a loss as to why they won't eat for me.

They still have fairly good body weight, but not as hefty as they were when they came in.

They are being kept in a large sterilite tub, with a damp moss hide a large water dish and newspaper for substrate. The room temp is around 70-75, and the heated end is set at 85.

I am ready to pull my hair out with these two. I seriously would not have spent all that $$ had I known this would be the result. I am worried for these remaining two, as I really do not want them to die. They are absolutely breathtaking animals and it would be a shame to lose their genes.

Can anyone help me??

-----
Aubrey Ross

©
www.SlipstreamSerpents.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  Red LAVA line C. aspera boas....... - lrdj, Mon Apr 18 20:06:34 2011
<< Previous topic:  Z-Z-Z-Z-Z... - liljenni, Wed Mar 9 13:58:22 2011